January in Florence : Gennaio a Firenze
Like every other month of the year there is a lot going on in Florence, but the killer event each January is Pitti Uomo. The fashion world pretty much dominates the city for the whole month, with the "beautiful people" popping up everywhere for events, parties, and of course, the major trade exhibition at the Fortezza da Basso.
- Avg. temp: 52° to 36° (°F)
- Rainfall: about 2 inches, or 10 rainy days
- Hours of sunlight: with the rain clouds, only about 3 hours a day of sunshine on average!
At this time of the year some of the traffic of tourists and vendors is slightly less, and while it may be a little quieter on the streets there is still plenty to do, especially inside (think museums and churches).
This January two major exhibits/events are coming to an end:
- Anish Kapoor: Untrue Unreal, at Palazzo Strozzi ends on February 4th
- The Jews, the Medici and The Ghetto of Florence at Palazzo Pitti ends on January 28th (video below)