Visits to the Gardens of the Villas of Fiesole
Here is something different to do if you are visiting Florence in September and October: On seven different days, seven unique villas in Fiesole will open their gardens for public visits.
This is an extraordinary opening of some of the most beautiful gardens in Tuscany. Called "Visits to the Gardens of the Villas of Fiesole", the event returns in September, with the cycle of visits promoted by the Municipality of Fiesole in collaboration with the AIAPP - Italian Association of Landscape Architecture, which allow access to gardens of residences usually closed to the public and which on these special occasions open their doors.
A landscape architect of the AIAPP will be accompanying the visitors for each visit, and will explain the secrets, history, and characteristics of the individual gardens.
To participate you must book by calling 055.055 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the Monday before the visit.
The cost of a ticket is 5 euros for adults, and 3 euros for children aged 7 to 18. Admission is free for children under the age of 7.
Dates & Times of the Visits:
- Tuesday, September 5 at 4 p.m. Villa San Michele
- Thursday, September 14 at 4 p.m. Villa Peyron
- Thursday, September 28 at 4 p.m. Villa Medici
- Thursday, October 5 at 4 p.m. Villa Schifanoia
- Thursday, October 12 at 4 p.m. Villa Montececeri
- Wednesday 18 October at 16.00 Villa I Tatti
- Thursday 26 October at 16.00 Villa La Torraccia
Here is Villa I Tatti on the map in Fiesole:
Information below is for the Comune di Fiesole: