October in Florence : Ottobre a Firenze
Some wonderful events (and usually impeccable weather) await the visitors to and residents of Florence in October, including one of our favorite annual events, the Fiera della Ceramica (ceramics festival) in
Piazza Santissima Annunziata Piazza Santa Croce (for the first time in 2023).
Major October events in Florence:
- The major religious event of the month is the Feast of St. Reparata, annually on October 8th.
- The Ceramics Fair will be in Piazza Santa Croce this year, on October 7th and 8th.
- The XIV Edition of the Florence Biennale runs from October 14th to 22nd at the Fortezza da Basso. This year the Spanish architect, artist, and engineer, Santiago Calatrava, will receive the Leonardo da Vinci Lifetime Achievement Award for Design
- There is also the Fierucola at Piazza Santo Spirito, which, it being fall, is called the Fierucola d'Autunno (but we have always called it the Santo Spirito Organic Market). The third Sunday of the month, which this year is the 15th of October.
- Another event that happens every two years in October is the Biennale Internazionale dell'Antiquariato - the huge biennial antiques event at the Palazzo Corsini. Unfortunately 2023 is the off year, this event will return in 2024.